Latest Counseling Connection

This was emailed home today to parents:

How to Teach Growth Mindset to Teens

His hands bang the table as his chair tumbles to the floor. “I can’t do it. It’s too hard. I quit.” Rushing in, you attempt to offer comfort, “It’s OK. You’re smart. You’ll figure it out.” He scoffs. “No mom, you don’t get it. They want a five-page paper by tomorrow. I don’t even get this assignment. I quit. I’ll get a zero. I don’t care.” Panicked, you try to help but it’s no use. His history grade has been dropping all year but it seems like you’re the only one who’s worried. If he fails this class, his GPA might suffer...then college...career. Click the link to learn more about how to teach your teens the value of a growth mindset. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parent Email, 8/21/23